Midland Highway Meredith
Worship – 2nd Sunday at 11am Communion Service
St Andrews Uniting Church Meredith
Presbyterian Church services had been held in Meredith since the early 1860’s but it wasn’t until 1869 that a Church was built at a cost of £60.
Rev. John Scott took charge of the Parish in 1917 and it was during his ministry that the beautiful brick Church was built. Mrs J. L. Matheson of “Moranghurk” laid the foundation stone of the new Church on January 20th, 1923 with a dedication ceremony.
The first Church was between the manse and the new Church and was used a hall until it was sold for removal in 2000. The manse had been shifted from a site opposite the cemetery.